Friday 27 March 2015

Hi All,

It's Friday - and that means... sleeping in tomorrow! Okay not for long as I have my first local celebrity interview tomorrow with the beautiful Bianca Biccard! So expect a interview post in the near future! :D

Bianca Biccard

As all of you know or most of you, I am a model at ACE Models Alberton. Modeling has always been 1 of my dreams - yes I have a lot of dreams! This year ACE Models are celebrating their 10th birthday! Every year we have a National ACE Modeling Conference and due to 10 years of celebrating the success of South Africa's leading modeling agency - we will be hosting the big event in Mosselbay, 25 - 29 June 2015. Joani Johnson, founder and National Director of ACE Models, former Mrs South Africa 2009, CEO and Pageant director of Mrs South Africa since 2011, will be giving all ACE Models Nation wide & off course our Namibia ACE Models, the chance to learn & love modeling even more then we already do.

Joani Johnson

ACE Models National Conference Bloemfontein 2014 
Let me tell you more about last years weekend of the 4 - 6th of Oct - this was also my first time to attend the conference (ACE Models Alberton only opened in June 2014), this took place in Bloemfontein, the city with the most beautiful roses! ;) We were privileged to attend this fun & fabulous weekend. It was also a chance to meet other models from all over the country and our International branch in Namibia. We were also inspired by Miss SA 2009, Nicole Flint and Mrs SA 2014, Sarah-Kate Scott, who motivated us to follow our dreams despite our culture, age and height.

Nicole Flint

Sarah-Kate Scott 

The whole weekend consisted of workshops, castings, photo shoots and a Fashion Extravaganza.National Model Scouts, Talent Scouts, Celebrities and Beauty Pageants Scouts attended this event as judges to give us the necessary exposures. National ACE Model winners was also crowned in age groups along with categorized winners.

From Saturday through to Monday Morning we were busy, but we were also pampered and wore designer outfits & dresses! (Totally loved that).

Saturday

  •  Registration
  • Castings for models (Catwalk Style)
  • Casting for models (Pageant Style)
  • Fittings & rehearsals 
  • Full dress rehearsals
  • Team fashions show - Basically each branch had to do their own team fashion show! We had great fun at the end of the day, even though we had our mistakes here and there! I definitely have to give the other branches a thumbs up - their shows was really really good!  
This was taken with our Group Fashion Show - I don't have a photo with the other girls.
Will have to get!

Casting (Pageant Style): Me, Gaby (No longer with ACE), 
Pumi, Tilana & Veronique (No longer with ACE).

Sunday
  • Call backs for Saturdays castings - ACE Models Alberton had a call back for the beautiful Tilana Benadie, the rest of us will get call backs this year ;)
  • Final Rehearsals - Wayne Stafford was the choreographer for the Fashion Extravaganza - he is such a treat!  
  • Fashion Extravaganza (Our make-up and hair was done and we modeled in designer dresses & outfits) this was open to public to come and enjoy this glamorous event. 
Me (Purple) and Tilana (Brown) - she got a call back.

Monday

Monday was more relaxed but also fun and inspirational. We had a workshop with Industry professionals like Joani Johnson, Nicole Flint and Sarah-Kate Scott!

We got a phopto with the beautiful Sarah-Kate Scott!! 

I had to atleast take 1 selfie!

As you can see this is every models dream to attend this conference - This is exclusive to ACE  Models, if you'd like to be part of this fun filled weekend join a ACE models Branch in your area. Last night at class Bianca (ACE Models director Alberton) gave each model a sponsorship form, I would like to ask each one of my followers to help me reach my dream to attend this weekend. If you have anything to sponsor whether its a dress, hair, nails, make-up, accommodation etc. and money sponsors, please don't hesitate to send me a mail. I will also in return advertise your business (big or small) on my blog. I will be doing posts on you and your business, making sure I give something in return to my sponsors for their support. If you would like to see the letter and form I will forward it to you via email. andreasprettylittleworld@gmail.com

In the next few weeks I will be having a morning tea fundraising for my trip to Mosselbay to attend the conference, more details to follow. I'd like to thank the ladies from my church that came up with this idea. I wouldn't have probably thought of this.

Hope to hear from you soon

Andrea
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment