Monday 13 April 2015

Coconut Oils for your hair and skin! 

A few weeks ago, I purchased a few well known essential oils that I would like to blog about. 
My thought was to make my followers more aware of making use of homemade products rather than purchasing expensive products that doesn't always help. I’m not trying to put you off from other products but natural ways has always been the best ways.

My Essential oil I’d like to share with you today is “Coconut oil”. The first time I heard about this oil was when I started growing interests in making my own homemade masks etc.

Below I set a list together of all the great things Coconut oil can offer:


Recipes to try out at home

Whipped Body Coconut butter
Ingredients:
1 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vitamin E oil
Few drops of your favorite fragrance

Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. (Don’t melt the coconut oil)
Mix on high speed with an electric whisk for 6-7 minutes or until whipped into a lighter consistency.
Transfer it into a nice glass jar and close tightly.  

Store in room temperature – as the whipped coconut oil should stay soft, even with colder temperature. If it’s too cold it might become a little bit more solid.

Hand Scrub
Ingredients: 
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp raw honey
1/4 cup sea salt
1/4 cup organic sugar 
1 tbsp lemon juice 

Stir the honey and coconut oil together in a medium bowl.
In a separate bowl blend the salt, sugar and lemon juice until it becomes crumbly.
Pour the salt mixture over the honey mixture and stir until smooth.
Store in a small glass jar.

Gently massage a marble-sized amount on your hand, scrub for 30 - 60 seconds and don't forget to exfoliate between your fingers.
Rinse with warm water and pat dry. If your hands are extra dry, you can add coconut oil. 
Repeat 1 - 2 times a week.

You will be able to get these essential oils from stores like Dis-chem, Clicks, Springbok etc.

Try out these 2 coconut oil recipes and let me know what the results are. 
I will definitely be posting more homemade recipes, so watch this space! 

XOXO
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment