Friday 19 June 2015

Living Healthy



The last two weeks I decided to live a little bit more healthy! If it's working? Well I think so because I'm not as tired as I use to be (all the time).

So here is my secrets 

The very first thing I drink is a glass of water or a 500ml bottle of water. Right through the day I try to consume at least 2L water a day. I don't take less then 1.5L a day.

Why water everyday is good for you??

  • Water has no side effect!
  • Fluid Balance - Roughly 60% of the body is made of water. Drinking enough water maintains the body's fluid balance, which helps transport nutrients in the body, regulate body temperature, digest food and more. 
  • Calories Control - Drinking water could also help you with weight loss. 
  • This is rather interesting - sweating at the gym causes muscles to lose water and when the muscle don't have enough water, they get tired. For extra energy, try drinking water to push through that final set of squats.
  • Clearer Skin - Some toxins in your body can cause the skin to inflame, which can cause clogged pores and acne. While science saying water makes the skin wrinkle free, water also flushes out the toxins and can prevent pimples.
  • Kidney Function - Our kidney process 200 quarts of blood daily, sifting out waste and transporting urine to the bladder. Yet, kidney needs enough fluids to clear away what we don't need in the body. 
  • Productive boost - To really focus, a glass of water could help people concentrate and stay refreshed and alert.
  • Fatigue buster - Water can fight tired eyes. One of the most common symptoms of dehydration is tiredness.
  • Hangover help - a glass of water will help to hydrate the body and stop the pounding headache. 
  • Pain Prevention - Aching joints and muscle cramps and strains can all occur if the body is dehydrated.
  • Keep things flowing -  Nobody wants to deal with digestion issues. Drinking enough water adds fluids to the colon which helps things, move smoothly. 
  • Sickness fighter - Water may help with decongestion and dehydration, helping the body bounce back when feeling under the weather. Drinking fluids hasn't scientifically proven to beat colds, so don't swap this for a trip to the doctor or other cold remedies.
  • Brain Boost - Water promotes clearer thinking, this was shown by a study in London. 
http://greatist.com/health/reasons-to-drink-water - Check out this site for more info!

Then I drink a cup of Milo - to warm me up especially in the Winter, Summer I will 
perhaps drink it cold, just as tasty!
Milo is great because it's a malt energy drink. It contains Energy, Vitamins, Calcium and Iron.

Breakfast - I have my Jungle Oats Energy bar. They are great, they come in different flavors. My personal favorite is the dark chocolate, Milk Chocolate and Berries. The taste is great and if you are a chocolate lover, there is a bit of chocolate cover added to this 'amazing' bar. I don't eat nuts at all and i sometimes I eat fruits so these bars is great for picky people like me.

By 11 o'clock I'll usually have a cup of soup to fill me until lunch. My favorites are oxtail, hearty beef and creamy mushroom (the knorr brand, just add water type of soup).
Tablets time! I buy my tablets from Springbok (Alberton) 
I take my Multi Vitamins (A, B1, B3, C, D3) 
Calcium and Magnesium (Chewable tablets) 
These tablets are very affordable some tablets and a huge variety you can choose of!

By 1 o'clock I'll have my lunch. I try to cut down on my white bread. I love dumpy bread so I'll have a smooth peanut butter sandwich. Which is great because it really makes you full. I always try to have something for lunch that i know will fill me until I get home and I have dinner. So whether its a 'boerewors roll', (a South African Traditional Hot dog ;)  a toasted sandwich etc. I have to be honest I don't check my calories and I don't over eat myself. 

By this time I usually have 1L of water in the tummy! 

Then during the day I'll have my small yogurt or 10 small flavored rice cakes. Maybe another cup of Milo or tea but not likely. 

Basically my main focus is to drink enough water everyday. Not just because of all above mentioned reasons but because of my skin. My skin is my main focus. Having a beautiful flawless skin is the key to so many things, self confidence, no foundation needed ;)! and sooooo many more reasons! 
I used to be on The Pill but decided to leave it and focus on all the right things to make my body and skin function in a more natural way. Exercise & healthy living! 

This is my challenge from the first of July 2015. Meanwhile I'll cut down on take-outs and chocolates and more of exercise and water... and .... healthy living ... and salads.... 

Will let you guys know how it goes. 

Have a great weekend!! 

Andrea
XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment